Calling designers of the future
Aged between 15-18 years old? Thinking of a career in architecture, urban design, or planning? Or do you know someone with flair for design?
PLACED, an organisation which encourages young people to discover more about buildings, public spaces, parks and streets, is running an exciting free summer school to help young people with an interest in design and creativity develop their talent and interest.
Working in partnership with Liverpool John Moores University and the University of Central Lancashire, the summer school will be held in Liverpool 23rd – 26th July and Preston 31st July – 2nd August.
The programme is open to everyone from all backgrounds and academic abilities and will:
- include creative, hands on design workshops for all abilities;
- be delivered by industry professionals, offering participants an opportunity to meet people working and studying in the sector and find out what it’s really like to work in the industry;
- help to inform career and study choices for those thinking of working in the design sector;
- offer an additional activity to include on UCAS forms;
- support development of skills including team work, presentation and design skills.
For more information and to apply visit placed.org.uk.