Alice M is a research Assistant at London South Bank University. She says "I never thought when I was younger that I wanted to go to uni, but I never really thought that I didn't either." However she did better than expected at Art and that set her on her track to College.
More information about research and development managers
Check out 5 videos about this career
Managers in this unit group plan, organise, co-ordinate and manage resources to undertake the systematic investigation necessary for the development of new, or to enhance the performance of existing, products and services.
Entrants usually possess a relevant degree or equivalent qualification. Training is usually provided on-the-job, although support may be provided for postgraduate study. Professional qualifications are available.
- Establishes product design and performance objectives in consultation with other business functions
- Liaises with production departments to investigate and resolve manufacturing problems
- Develops research methodology, implements and reports upon research investigations undertaken
- Plans work schedules, assigns tasks and delegates responsibilities to the research and development team
- Monitors the standards of scientific and technical research undertaken by the research team.
for this job
|Computer programming, etc||5,947|
|Head offices, etc||2,893|
|Architectural & related||2,387|
|Public admin. & defence||1,555|
|Legal & accounting||1,260|
Where to go nextLondon South Bank UniversitySector Skills Council for Learning ProfessionalsInformation on the Education Sector
- Job features
- I like
- My job involves being
- Working lifestyle
- Job type(s)
- Influences & Choices
- Personal influences
- Job location
- Enterprise types