Amanda Hayes, Vice Principal at Kensington and Chelsea College, studied Textiles and Photography at Art College but became frustrated. Effective support from a lecturer inspired Amanda to go into teaching. She saw that a good teacher can make a huge difference.
More information about further education teaching professionals
Check out 13 videos about this career
Further education teaching professionals supervise and teach trade, technical, commercial, adult education, secondary and post-secondary courses to students beyond minimum school leaving age.
Further education lecturers normally require a professional or academic qualification in the subject area they intend to teach, relevant professional, industrial or business experience and an appropriate teaching qualification.
- Prepares, delivers and directs lectures, seminars and tutorials
- Prepares, administers and marks examinations, essays and other assignments
- Arranges instructional visits and periods of employment experience for students
- Assists with the administration of teaching and the arranging of timetables
- Liaises with other professional and commercial organisations to review course content.
for this job
|Public admin. & defence||3,314|
|Services to buildings||1,844|
|Food & beverage services||925|
|Other personal service||862|
Where to go nextAn overview of the education sectorKensington and Chelsea College
- Job features
- I like
- My job involves being
- Working lifestyle
- Interaction with others
- Job type(s)
- Influences & Choices
- Education/work pattern(s)
- First job influence
- Personal influences
- Job location
- Enterprise types