Ben W is a Sales Manager for The Paper Company, the defining moment in his life was when several people he knew died in accidents when he was a teenager. He decided that life is too short, and he got a job rather than going to university.
More information about sales supervisors
Check out 4 videos about this career
Sales supervisors oversee operations and directly supervise and coordinate the activities of sales and related workers in retail and wholesale establishments.
No minimum academic qualifications are required although some employers may require GCSEs/S grades or A levels/H grades along with relevant work experience. NVQs/SVQs in Retail Operations are available at Levels 1 and 2, and apprenticeships may be available in some areas. Professional qualifications are relevant in some areas of selling and may be an advantage.
- Directly supervises and coordinates the activities of sales and related workers
- Establishes and monitors work schedules to meet sales and productivity targets
- Liaises with managers and other departments to resolve operational problems
- Determines or recommends staffing and other needs to meet sales and productivity targets
- Reports as required to managerial staff on departmental activities.
for this job
|Food & beverage services||8,649|
|Sale of motor vehicles||6,829|
|Sport & recreation||1,931|
|Services to buildings||1,584|