Beth P is a Technical Project Manager at Vodafone. She did what interested her at university - a History degree - however after university she gained another qualification in Business IT. "I really enjoyed the course. It was so different to doing history. It was much more hands on. I managed to get a job before I'd even finished".
More information about iT project and programme managers
Check out 4 videos about this career
Jobholders in this unit group manage, coordinate and technically supervise specific IT projects and programmes of a discrete duration and/or budget.
Entrants usually possess a degree or equivalent qualification, although entry with other academic qualifications and/or significant relevant experience is possible. There is a variety of relevant vocational, professional and postgraduate qualifications available.
- Works with client or senior management to establish and clarify the aims, objectives and requirements of the IT project or programme
- Plans the stages of the project or programme, reviews actions and amends plans as necessary
- Coordinates and supervises the activities of the project/programme team
- Manages third party contributions to the programme or project
- Monitors progress including project/programme budget, timescale and quality
- Coordinates and oversees implementation of the project or programme
- Reports on project or programme to senior management and/or client.
for this job
|Computer programming, etc||9,752|
|Head offices, etc||4,744|
|Architectural & related||3,914|
|Public admin. & defence||2,551|
|Legal & accounting||2,066|