Boonta M is a Catering Team Leader for a restaurant and club at the Crowne Plaza Hotel at Manchester Airport. She started working in the hotel industry in her home country of Thailand. Setting up and running the Sampans restaurant at the hotel has been the highlight of her career so far. But in the future she plans to go back to Thailand to set up an English school.
More information about restaurant and catering establishment managers and proprietors
Check out 4 videos about this career
Restaurant and catering establishment managers and proprietors plan, direct and co-ordinate the catering services of restaurants, hotels and large-scale catering services within other organisations.
Entry is possible with a variety of academic qualifications and/or relevant experience. Larger restaurants and catering chains offer managerial trainee schemes, entry to which may be based on a variety of qualifications and/or relevant experience. Off- and on-the-job training is provided. Various vocational qualifications are available at Levels 2 to 4.
- Plans catering services and directs staff
- Decides on range and quality of meals and beverages to be provided
- Discusses customer’s requirements for special occasions
- Purchases or directs the purchasing of supplies and arranges for preparation of accounts
- Verifies that quality of food, beverages and waiting service is as required, that kitchen and dining areas are kept clean and appropriate hygiene standards are maintained in compliance with statutory requirements
- Plans and arranges food preparation in collaboration with other staff and organises the provision of waiting or counter staff
- Checks that supplies are properly used and accounted for to prevent wastage and loss and to keep within budget limit
- Determines staffing, financial, material and other short- and long-term requirements;
for this job
|Food & beverage services||31,396|
|Services to buildings||6,330|
|Other personal service||6,033|
|Sport & recreation||5,300|
|Sale of motor vehicles||3,852|