Chihiro Y is a Runescape Content Developer for Jagex. "A content developer designs and implements content for the games. Producing what goes in the games, what the players play and how they see the game". He took a risk by leaving a career in science, but doesn't regret it, the best part of his job is "...working with a whole load of people who I understood and who understood me".
More information about web design and development professionals
Check out 10 videos about this career
Jobholders in this unit group design, develop and maintain websites to meet a client’s specified requirements.
Entrants usually possess a degree or equivalent qualification, although entry with other academic qualifications and/or significant relevant experience is possible. There is a variety of relevant vocational, professional and postgraduate qualifications available.
- Liaises with internal/external client in order to define the requirements for the website
- Presents design options to the client
- Designs web pages including graphics, animation and functionality to maximise visual effectiveness and facilitate appropriate access
- Develops the website and applications
- Designs and develops web interfaces for relational database systems
- Establishes methods to ensure appropriate website security and recovery
- Writes and publishes content for the website
- Tests website interaction and performance prior to going ‘live’, and monitors and maintains functionality of the website
- Activates the ‘live’ website.
for this job
|Computer programming, etc||10,032|
|Head offices, etc||4,880|
|Architectural & related||4,026|
|Public admin. & defence||2,624|
|Legal & accounting||2,125|
Where to go nextJagexSector Skills Council for Business and Information TechnologyInformation and Statistics relating to the IT Industry
- Job features
- I like
- My job involves being
- Interaction with others
- Job type(s)
- Influences & Choices
- Education/work pattern(s)
- First job influence
- Personal influences
- Job location
- East of England
- Enterprise types