Chris started an apprenticeship at sixteen, he loves being able to work outside and have a varied role. He is the guy you see inside telephone exchanges wrestling with all of those wires. He still doesn't know what he'd like to do in his career but probably wants to get into management.
More information about
Check out 5 videos about this career
DescriptionJob holders in this unit group plan, organise, direct and co-ordinate the work and resources necessary to provide and operate information technology and telecommunications services within an organisation.
QualificationsThere are no pre-set entry requirements although candidates usually possess a degree or equivalent qualification together with substantial, relevant work experience. A variety of professional and postgraduate qualifications is available.
- Develops in consultation with other senior management the IT/telecommunications strategy of the organisation;
- Directs the implementation within the organisation of IT/telecommunications strategy, infrastructure, procurement, procedures and standards;
- Develops the periodic business plan and operational budget for IT/telecommunications to deliver agreed service levels;
- Considers the required IT/telecommunications staffing levels, oversees recruitment and appointment of staff and directs training policy;
- Prioritises and schedules major IT/telecommunications projects;
- Ensures that new technologies are researched and evaluated in the light of the organisation’s broad requirements.
for this job
|Computer programming, etc||38597|
|Head offices, etc||4146|
|Architectural & related||3216|
|Repair of goods||1767|
- Curriculum Subject
- Job features
- I like
- My job involves being
- Working lifestyle
- Interaction with others
- Job type(s)
- Influences & Choices
- Education/work pattern(s)
- First job influence
- Personal influences
- Job location
- West Midlands
- Focus On
- Enterprise types