Christina A is Brand Engagement Manager for BlackBerry. After leaving school earlier than expected due to illness, Christina decided to go straight into work. Through determination and a key relationship with a manager, she developed a career in marketing, trained on the job and recently began her dream role, leading on BlackBerry's relationship with music artists, including working with Jessie J to launch the new Playbook.
More information about marketing and sales directors
Check out 15 videos about this career
Marketing and sales directors plan, organise and direct market research and formulate and implement an organisation’s marketing and sales policies.
Entry is generally via career progression from related occupations (e.g. Marketing Manager, Sales Manager). Entrants to the professional qualifications of the Chartered Institute of Marketing require GCSEs/S grades, A levels/H grades, a BTEC/SQA award, a degree or equivalent qualification and/or relevant experience.
- Liaises with other senior staff to determine the range of goods or services to be sold
- Discusses employer’s or clients’ requirements, plans and monitors surveys and analyses of customers’ reactions to products
- Examines and analyses sales figures, advises on and monitors marketing campaigns and promotional activities
- Controls the recruitment and training of staff
- Produces and/or assesses reports and recommendations concerning marketing and sales strategies.
for this job
|Head offices, etc||9,067|
|Public admin. & defence||8,631|
|Computer programming, etc||7,466|
|Architectural & related||5,930|
Where to go nextLove What You Do! BlackBerry can offer so many exciting careers - icould recently visited their Head Office to find out more.Check out BlackBerry on Facebook
- Job features
- I like
- My job involves being
- Working lifestyle
- Interaction with others
- Job type(s)
- Influences & Choices
- Education/work pattern(s)
- First job influence
- Personal influences
- Job location
- Focus On