Dougie W is Sales Manager for NVT Group. He arrived here by the technical route. He had a job at IBM fixing new computers that didn't work. He was a contractor there, and when IBM decided they wanted employees rather than contractors he decided to move on.
More information about sales accounts and business development managers
Check out 14 videos about this career
Sales accounts and business development managers plan, organise and undertake market research to meet the requirements of an organisation’s marketing and sales policies.
Entrants to the professional qualifications of the Chartered Institute of Marketing require GCSEs/S grades, A levels/H grades, a BTEC/SQA award, an Advanced GNVQ/GSVQ Level III, a degree or equivalent qualification and/or relevant experience. NVQs/SVQs in sales and qualifications from other relevant professional bodies are available.
- Liaises with other senior staff to determine the range of goods or services to be sold, contributes to the development of sales strategies and setting of sales targets
- Discusses employer’s or client’s requirements, carries out surveys and analyses customers’ reactions to product, packaging, price, etc.
- Compiles and analyses sales figures, prepares proposals for marketing campaigns and promotional activities and undertakes market research
- Handles customer accounts
- Recruits and trains junior sales staff
- Produces reports and recommendations concerning marketing and sales strategies for senior management
- Keeps up to date with products and competitors.
for this job
|Public admin. & defence||33,072|
|Head offices, etc||24,807|
|Services to buildings||15,425|