Gemma loved university and studied modules in Human Resources as part of her Psychology degree. This pushed earlier dreams of medicine, nursing and child psychiatry aside. Determined, independent and driven Gemma is relishing her responsibilities as HR administrator with PPG. She has a clear idea of how she might progress. A move to the States for her secondary education, provided Gemma with a stimulating culture shock and left her with a passion for travel.
More information about human resources administrative occupations
Check out 3 videos about this career
Job holders in this unit group provide administrative support for the human resources (HR) operations within organisations.
No formal educational qualifications are required for entry, although most entrants will possess GCSE/S grades. Certification from the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development is available, along with relevant NVQs/SVQs at various levels.
- Supports senior HR staff in the development and implementation of HR and industrial relations policies
- Arranges advertisements for jobs in the relevant media
- Provides practical support for recruitment and selection procedures such as checking application forms, arranging interviews of candidates and ensuring the interview panel receive all relevant documentation
- Provides administrative support for training courses, work placements etc.
- Implements and maintains HR records systems.
for this job
|Public admin. & defence||4,189|
|Head offices, etc||1,387|