Geoff is a Concierge and really loves his job as he has always gained fulfilment from dealing with the public. He was an apprentice when he first left school and still looks back on that period of his life with great fondness. Among other things, he ran a pub. He wishes he had listened to his father who told him to chase career rather than money. He's a 'little bit sad' he didn't listen to him as he feels things may have turned out differently if he had.
More information about other elementary services occupations n.e.c.
Check out 1 video about this career
Workers in this unit group perform a variety of elementary services occupations not elsewhere classified in MINOR GROUP 927: Other Elementary Services Occupations.
There are no formal academic entry requirements. Training is typically received on-the-job. NVQs/SVQs are available in some areas.
- Assists hotel guests with luggage etc. on arrival and departure, keeps entrance lobby tidy, deals with guests’ enquiries
- Assists in the movement of scenery and other stage equipment
- Divines and tells fortunes by various means
- Loads numbered balls into bingo machine, starts machine, removes balls and reads numbers, and checks winning bingo cards against numbers drawn
- Examines and collects tickets at harbours, piers and similar thoroughfares or establishments not elsewhere classified
- Collects payment, issues tickets and monitors the use of bathing huts, changing rooms, bath houses and deck chairs
- Dances in adult entertainment establishments.
for this job
|Food & beverage services||7,748|
|Services to buildings||2,358|