Football and sports fanatic James W works hard and plays hard. In his current role as Sports Manager at David Lloyd Leisure, he ensures members get the most out of the club and value for money. Inspired by his dad, encouraged by a family friend to attend university and keen to provide the best quality of life for his own family, James is now pursuing life to the full in work and is satisfying his passion for football out of it!
More information about leisure and sports managers
Check out 11 videos about this career
Leisure and sports managers organise, direct and co-ordinate the activities and resources required for the provision of sporting, artistic, theatrical and other recreational and amenity services.
Both graduate and non-graduate entry is possible. Off- and on-the-job training is provided. NVQs/SVQs in relevant areas are available at Levels 3 and 4. Professional qualifications may also be required for some posts.
- Organises timetable of activities/schedule of programmes
- Ensures that facilities are kept clean and in good condition and that appropriate health and safety requirements are adhered to
- Keeps abreast of new trends and developments in recreational activities and arranges exhibitions, theatrical productions, concerts, demonstrations etc.
- Advises on the facilities available and promotes publicity in relation to shows, games, races, new theme parks, etc.
- Determines financial, staffing, material and other short- and long-term needs
- Recruits, supervises and trains staff
- Ensures custody of all cash receipts and organises regular stock checks.
for this job
|Food & beverage services||13,823|
|Services to buildings||2,787|
|Other personal service||2,656|
|Sport & recreation||2,333|
|Sale of motor vehicles||1,696|