Kirsty J is a Beauty Development Co-ordinator for Saks hair and beauty salons. She did a beauty therapy course at college then worked on a cruise ship. "I think I came back a completely different person, you know, I was always a follower whereas I came back a leader."
More information about business sales executives
Check out 5 videos about this career
Business sales executives provide advice to existing and potential customers, and receive orders for specialist machinery, equipment, materials and other products or services that require technical knowledge.
There are no formal academic requirements, although entrants usually possess academic qualifications and/or relevant experience in a particular profession or speciality. Training is usually on-the-job. Professional qualifications and NVQs/ SVQs at Levels 2 and 3 are available.
- Discusses customer requirements and advises them on the capabilities and limitations of the goods or services being sold
- Quotes prices, credit details, delivery dates and payment arrangements and arranges for delivery and installation of goods if appropriate
- Makes follow up visits to ensure customer satisfaction and to obtain further orders
- Stays abreast of advances in product/field and suggests possible improvements to product or service
- Maintains records and accounts of sales made and handles customer complaints.
for this job
|Public admin. & defence||12,399|
|Head offices, etc||9,300|
|Services to buildings||5,783|
Where to go nextInformation and statistics about the hair, beauty and body art sectorSaksSector Skills Council for Hair and Beauty Professionals
More information about beauticians and related occupations
Check out 11 videos about this career
Beauticians and related workers give facial and body beauty treatments, apply cosmetics and dress wigs.
There are no minimum academic requirements for entry, although some colleges require candidates to possess GCSEs/S grades. NVQs/SVQs in Beauty Therapy are available at Levels 1, 2 and 3. Professional qualifications are also available.
- Discusses clients requirements, analyses and advises client on appropriate skin care, and applies treatments to the face or body
- Massages scalp, face and other parts of the body and carries out spray tanning
- Uses waxing, threading, sugaring and other epilation techniques to remove any unwanted body hair
- Cleans, shapes and polishes finger and toe nails, applies nail extensions
- Applies make-up to hide blemishes or enhance facial features and advises clients on skin care and make-up techniques
- Performs specialist treatments for conditions such as acne, applies skin rejuvenation therapies
- Recognises problems and refers clients to medical practitioners if appropriate
- Advises clients on diet and exercise to assist in weight loss and slimming
- Maintains client records, sells and advises on cosmetic products and services, and ensures appropriate health and safety issues are addressed.
for this job
|Other personal service||21,362|
|Food & beverage services||5,847|
|Sport & recreation||5,158|
|Land transport, etc||2,386|
|Services to buildings||2,124|