Kirsty is aware that if she had gone to Oxford university to read English, rather than Leeds Met where she took a much more practical degree in Public Relations, her life might be different but not necessarily better. Passionate about Leeds Grand theatre and the contribution it makes to the community as a piece of living history, she is proud of the part she plays as marketing officer there.
More information about marketing and sales directors
Check out 15 videos about this career
Marketing and sales directors plan, organise and direct market research and formulate and implement an organisation’s marketing and sales policies.
Entry is generally via career progression from related occupations (e.g. Marketing Manager, Sales Manager). Entrants to the professional qualifications of the Chartered Institute of Marketing require GCSEs/S grades, A levels/H grades, a BTEC/SQA award, a degree or equivalent qualification and/or relevant experience.
- Liaises with other senior staff to determine the range of goods or services to be sold
- Discusses employer’s or clients’ requirements, plans and monitors surveys and analyses of customers’ reactions to products
- Examines and analyses sales figures, advises on and monitors marketing campaigns and promotional activities
- Controls the recruitment and training of staff
- Produces and/or assesses reports and recommendations concerning marketing and sales strategies.
for this job
|Head offices, etc||9,067|
|Public admin. & defence||8,631|
|Computer programming, etc||7,466|
|Architectural & related||5,930|
Where to go nextThe Grand Theatre & Opera House LeedsInformation and statistics relating to the performing arts sector.Sector Skills Council for the Creative and Cultural Industries
- Curriculum Subject
- Job features
- I like
- My job involves being
- Working lifestyle
- Interaction with others
- Job type(s)
- Influences & Choices
- Education/work pattern(s)
- First job influence
- Personal influences
- Job location
- Yorkshire and the Humber
- Enterprise types