When Laura left university she didn't have a career plan. She tried a number of jobs, all valuable learning experiences, and when she discovered that the Health Service would pay her to talk about food she never looked back! As a dietician, specialising in helping patients with liver problems, it is hard to believe she is the same Laura who lacked confidence and struggled at school.
More information about health professionals n.e.c.
Check out 7 videos about this career
Job holders in this unit group perform a variety of other health-related professional occupations not elsewhere classified in MINOR GROUP 221: Health Professionals. They may work autonomously or in teams with other health workers.
Entry is via a variety of relevant academic and/or professional qualifications.
- Provides expert technical and technological support in the delivery of critical care
- Provides high level support within surgical teams before, during and after surgery
- Operate heart-lung machines during surgical procedures
- Conducts medical education relevant to specialism and provides team leadership and supervision
- Diagnoses and treats patients with a variety of hearing-related problems
- Carries out a range of oral/dental treatments
- Provides prosthetic devices to patients and advises on rehabilitation.
for this job
|Public admin. & defence||2,608|
|Services to buildings||848|