Mark J owns a mobile valeting service in Runcorn. When he was in prison he realised that he needed to do something that would change his life forever. "And basically the Prince's Trust has done that by setting me up and helping me do my own business."
More information about vehicle valeters and cleaners
Check out 1 video about this career
Vehicle valeters and cleaners clean, wash and polish the interiors and exteriors of ships, aircraft, trains and road vehicles.
No academic qualifications are required. On-the-job training may be provided. NVQs/SVQs in relevant areas are available at Levels 1 and 2.
- Vacuums, brushes and washes vehicle upholstery and interior surfaces
- Empties waste bins and removes rubbish
- Reports any damage or vandalism to the fabric of the vehicle interior
- Washes, cleans and polishes as appropriate the exterior surfaces of vehicles.
for this job
|Food & beverage services||7,979|
|Services to buildings||2,428|
Where to go nextThe Prince\'s TrustSector Skills Council for Care and Development ProfessionalsAn Overview of Information on the Voluntary Sector
- Job features
- I like
- My job involves being
- Interaction with others
- Job type(s)
- Influences & Choices
- Education/work pattern(s)
- First job influence
- Personal influences
- Job location
- West Midlands
- Enterprise types