Mike J has been Principal of Kensington and Chelsea College for eleven years. The first in his family to go to university, Mike had many different jobs before finally settling in the education sector. He enjoys working at KCC very much and says, "I don't do retirement... I don't see another job beckoning. I'm really motivated by doing a bit more of what I do now. With a very good team of people round me, which is what I've got".
More information about further education teaching professionals
Check out 13 videos about this career
Further education teaching professionals supervise and teach trade, technical, commercial, adult education, secondary and post-secondary courses to students beyond minimum school leaving age.
Further education lecturers normally require a professional or academic qualification in the subject area they intend to teach, relevant professional, industrial or business experience and an appropriate teaching qualification.
- Prepares, delivers and directs lectures, seminars and tutorials
- Prepares, administers and marks examinations, essays and other assignments
- Arranges instructional visits and periods of employment experience for students
- Assists with the administration of teaching and the arranging of timetables
- Liaises with other professional and commercial organisations to review course content.
for this job
|Public admin. & defence||3,314|
|Services to buildings||1,844|
|Food & beverage services||925|
|Other personal service||862|
Where to go nextAn overview of the education sector.Kensington and Chelsea CollegeSector Skills Council for Learning Professionals
- Job features
- I like
- My job involves being
- Interaction with others
- Job type(s)
- Influences & Choices
- Education/work pattern(s)
- Turning point(s)
- First job influence
- Job location
- Enterprise types