- Career Videos
- Focus On
Natalie M - Television Producer
Would you rather watch the YouTube-hosted version?
Loading the player ...
View the short version of this video
Age at filming: 36-45,
Employer's name: BBC Belfast
Natalie M is a television producer for BBC Northern Ireland. Her gap year experience, volunteering at a local radio station, proved invaluable to her when she was applying for jobs after completing a degree. Natalie now enjoys a varied role - "one minute I can be sitting in the office researching the myth of Atlantis the next day I can be out filming in a pole dancing bar".
More information about arts officers, producers and directors
Check out 16 videos about this career
Average Weekly Hours
Top 10 Industries
For This Job
For This Job
|Sport & recreation||8,327|
|Arts & entertainment||7,502|
|Services to buildings||4,039|
|Film & music||3,828|
|Other personal service||3,303|
|Head offices, etc||2,289|
Arts officers, producers and directors assume creative, financial and organisational responsibilities in the production and direction of television and radio programmes, films, stage presentations, content for other media, and the promotion and exhibition of other creative activities.
Entry can be via academic qualifications, BTEC/SQA awards, diplomas or degrees in sector-relevant subjects. Apprenticeships are available at NVQ Levels 2 and 3 in some areas.
- Chooses writers, scripts, technical staff and performers, and assumes overall responsibility for completion of project on time and within budget
- Directs actors, designers, camera team, sound crew and other production and technical staff to achieve desired effects
- Breaks script into scenes and formulates a shooting schedule that will be most economical in terms of time, location and sets
- Prepares rehearsal and production schedule for main events, design of sets and costumes, technical rehearsals and dress rehearsals
- Ensures necessary equipment, props, performers and technical staff are on set when required
- Manages health and safety issues
- Selects, contracts, markets and arranges for the presentation and/or distribution of performance, visual and heritage arts.
Employment by Region
M 57% 43% F
M 57% 43% F
Where to go nextBBC Jobs Sector Skills Council for the Audio Visual Industries An overview of information on the audio visual industries
The tag map below allows you to explore some of the many stories here on icould.
View HTML tag cloud View Flash tag cloud
Natalie M's tag map
- Job features
- Influences & Choices
- Life decisions
- Job location
- Age at filming
- Sector skills council
- Enterprise types