Nick H is the Group Financial Controller for The Paper Company. He did his accountancy qualifications while he was working full time. That was hard work - his whole life was basically studying. But it was worth it to get that piece of paper which said he was a qualified accountant.
More information about finance officers
Check out 10 videos about this career
Finance officers oversee book-keeping, general accounting and other financial and related clerical functions mainly within local government and a variety of public sector organisations.
Entrants will normally possess GCSEs/S grades (including maths), a finance-related qualification at an appropriate level and have relevant work experience.
- Oversees the recording and checking of daily financial transactions, the preparation of provisional balances and reconciliation of accounts
- Prepares or arranges the preparation of financial reports for managers
- Plans work schedules and assigns tasks to financial clerks
- Coordinates the activities and resources of finance departments.
for this job
|Public admin. & defence||5,704|
|Head offices, etc||1,888|
Where to go nextThe Paper CompanyFuture trends, skill gaps and workforce development issues for the manufacturing sectorSector Skills Council for the Paper and Pulp Industry
More information about financial administrative occupations n.e.c.
Check out 2 videos about this career
Job holders in this unit group carry out a variety of finance-related administrative functions not elsewhere classified in MINOR GROUP 412: Administrative Occupations: Finance.
There are no formal entry requirements although some employers may require GCSEs/S grades (including maths) and/or a relevant vocational qualification at an appropriate level.
- Receives and pays out cash to customers in non-financial organisations such as turf accountants
- Sells tickets in theatre and cinema box offices, sports stadiums etc.
- Performs duties as cashier in schools, local government and other public sector organisations, legal and insurance services
- Administers grants and student loans in educational institutions
- Carries out clerical tasks in stockbroking companies, banking and credit card companies.
for this job
|Public admin. & defence||18,268|
|Head offices, etc||6,048|