Nicky S is the Advertising Manager for Comsopolitan Magazine. "Publishing was my big dream... I walked into the Daily Express on my first day, it was like walking onto a film set." Nicky loves her work she gets "the thrill of getting that deal".
More information about advertising accounts managers and creative directors
Check out 6 videos about this career
Advertising accounts managers and creative directors plan, design, organise and direct the advertising activities of an organisation.
Entry is generally via career progression from related occupations. There are no pre-set entry standards, but in practice most directors hold a degree. Off- and on-the-job training is provided.
- Liaises with client to discuss product/service to be marketed, defines target group and assesses the suitability of various media
- Conceives advertising campaign to impart the desired product image in an effective and economical way
- Reviews and revises campaign in light of sales figures, surveys, etc.
- Stays abreast of changes in media, readership or viewing figures and advertising rates
- Arranges conferences, exhibitions, seminars, etc. to promote the image of a product, service or organisation.
for this job
|Head offices, etc||3,508|
|Architectural & related||2,286|
|Public admin. & defence||1,921|
|Legal & accounting||1,856|