Nikky K is the Team Leader for First Impressions at Farrer & Co - "a First Impression Team Leader is somebody who oversees the front of house, from the meeting rooms for client entries, to the switchboard, to organising their team". When her brother was murdered Nikky found herself very depressed, but now she wants to help people in similar bereavement situations.
More information about receptionists
Check out 8 videos about this career
Receptionists receive and direct telephone calls and visitors to commercial, government and other establishments.
There are no formal academic entry requirements, although many employers expect entrants to possess GCSEs/S grades. There are a variety of relevant vocational qualifications available. NVQs/SVQs in Administration are available at Level 2 that encompass various aspects of reception work. Professional qualifications are also available.
- Receives callers and clients and directs them to the appropriate person or department
- Records the details of enquiries and makes appointments and reservations
- Answers, screens and forwards or otherwise deals with telephone enquiries
- Supplies brochures, pamphlets and other information for clients
- Records details of visitors, issues security passes and informs visitors of any actions to be taken in case of an emergency
- Maintains reception area in good order.
for this job
|Public admin. & defence||13,184|
|Head offices, etc||11,372|
|Food & beverage services||10,688|
|Legal & accounting||8,283|