Pamela wanted to be a doctor when she was at school but eventually did a Human Sciences degree which she loved. After a spell working for Sainsburys she went into Accountancy after she moved to Dublin. She describes herself as having 'itchy feet' and thinks she might like to run her own business in the future and maybe "grow some vegetables and have some chickens... I think there will be lots of phases in my life and that's something I look forward to rather than fear".
More information about records clerks and assistants
Check out 4 videos about this career
Records clerks and assistants maintain and update electronic and/or hard copy documents, correspondence and other records, and organise their storage.
There are no minimum academic requirements, although entrants typically possess GCSEs/S grades or equivalent qualifications. Training is normally provided on-the-job. NVQs/SVQs in Administration at Levels 1 and 2 are available.
- Examines and sorts incoming material
- Classifies, files, archives and locates documents and other records
- Copies or duplicates documents or other records
- Performs specialised clerical tasks in connection with conveyancing, litigation and the maintenance of medical records.
for this job
|Public admin. & defence||13,779|
|Head offices, etc||4,562|
Where to go nextChaucer InsuranceInformation and statistics relating to the financial services sectorSector Skills Council for Financial Services
More information about finance officers
Check out 10 videos about this career
Finance officers oversee book-keeping, general accounting and other financial and related clerical functions mainly within local government and a variety of public sector organisations.
Entrants will normally possess GCSEs/S grades (including maths), a finance-related qualification at an appropriate level and have relevant work experience.
- Oversees the recording and checking of daily financial transactions, the preparation of provisional balances and reconciliation of accounts
- Prepares or arranges the preparation of financial reports for managers
- Plans work schedules and assigns tasks to financial clerks
- Coordinates the activities and resources of finance departments.
for this job
|Public admin. & defence||5,704|
|Head offices, etc||1,888|