Penny T is an Associate Director at Fidelity's Strategic Alliances. She has worked her way up through a variety of jobs. She thought she wanted to be a nurse but changed her mind after a Health Studies course.
More information about functional managers and directors n.e.c.
Check out 3 videos about this career
Functional managers and directors in this unit group perform a variety of senior management tasks in respect of other specialist functions or fields of activity in organisations not elsewhere classified in MINOR GROUP 113: Functional Managers and Directors.
Entry standards will vary according to the specific function and requirements of the organisation concerned, as will options for training off- and on-the-job.
- Helps to formulate and implement local government policy and ensures legal and statutory provisions are observed
- Organises local authority office work and resources, negotiates contracted out services
- Plans, organises, coordinates and directs the resources of a special interest organisation
- Formulates and directs the implementation of an organisation’s policies
- Represents union, association or charity in consultation and negotiation with government, employees and other bodies
- Stimulates public interest by providing publicity, giving lectures and interviews and organising appeals
- Directs or undertakes the preparation, publication and dissemination of reports and other information pertaining to the organisation.
for this job
|Head offices, etc||5,336|
|Public admin. & defence||5,079|
|Computer programming, etc||4,394|
|Architectural & related||3,490|