Rafal K is a Hygeine Team Leader at Gibsons Foods. He dropped out of university in Poland and came to the UK to work. "The first plan was coming to England just for three months, like, few months, save as much money as I can and then come back and go back to university but I'm still here after a few years."
More information about cleaning and housekeeping managers and supervisors
Check out 3 videos about this career
Workers in this unit group manage and supervise cleaning and other housekeeping tasks within private households, hotels, schools, hostels and other non-private households, and in offices and other premises.
There are no formal academic requirements, but GCSEs/S grades and/or relevant work experience may be needed in some instances. BTEC certificates and diplomas, NVQs/SVQs and degree level courses are available in relevant areas.
- Recruits or participates in the selection process for cleaning and housekeeping staff and takes charge of staff training
- Assigns duties and responsibilities to staff and oversees working rotas
- Supervises the activities of cleaners and other housekeeping staff and inspects work undertaken
- Oversees the provision of cleaning and housekeeping supplies
- Arranges for replacement of broken, defective tools and handles arrangements for repairs to fixtures and fittings
- Manages budget for cleaning and housekeeping supplies and keeps record of expenditure.
for this job
|Other personal service||20,422|
|Food & beverage services||5,590|
|Sport & recreation||4,931|
|Land transport, etc||2,281|
|Services to buildings||2,031|
Where to go nextSector information for food and drink manufacturing and processingSector Skills Council for Food and Drink Manufacturing
- Job features
- I like
- My job involves being
- Working lifestyle
- Interaction with others
- Job type(s)
- Influences & Choices
- Education/work pattern(s)
- First job influence
- Personal influences
- Job location
- North West England
- Enterprise types