Rita S is a Manual Mail Sorter for Royal Mail. She went to college in Nigeria and then came to the UK to work. She would love to use the skills she's learned during her ten years at Royal Mail to help set up an equivalent service in Nigeria.
More information about postal workers, mail sorters, messengers and couriers
Check out 6 videos about this career
Workers in this unit group collect, receive, sort and deliver mail, documents, correspondence or messages, either between or within establishments.
There are no formal academic entry requirements. A medical examination may be required. Entrants complete short induction courses followed by a programme of off- and on-the-job training. NVQs/ SVQs in Mail Operations are available at Levels 1 and 2.
- Collects mail from post boxes, receives parcels, and collects correspondence, documents and other material from individuals, offices or other establishments
- Sorts mail, parcels and other incoming and outgoing material for delivery, and maintains records of material received and despatched
- Delivers mail, parcels, correspondence and other materials to specified or agreed routes and schedules
- Completes delivery forms, collects charges, and issues receipts for the collection and delivery of registered or recorded mail and other items.
for this job
|Food & beverage services||49,307|
|Services to buildings||15,005|
Where to go nextRoyal Mail CareersThe Sector Skills Council for Logistics An overview of information for the logistics industry
- Job features
- I like
- My job involves being
- Working lifestyle
- Interaction with others
- Job type(s)
- Influences & Choices
- Education/work pattern(s)
- First job influence
- Personal influences
- Job location
- East of England
- Enterprise types