Rob S is a Bakery Supervisor at Gibsons Foods. He's worked in a bakery since he was 14. He had a part time job there which he kept until he left college and went to work for them full time. He likes to keep his work and leisure time separate. "I do Scouting four nights a week. I'm actually an Area Commissioner for Scouting so that keeps me very busy."
More information about
Check out 1 videos about this career
DescriptionBakers and flour confectioners prepare and bake dough, pastry and cake mixtures and make and finish flour confectionary products by hand.
QualificationsThere are no formal academic entry requirements. Training is typically received on-the-job or by apprenticeship. Apprenticeships and traineeships leading to NVQs/SVQs at Levels 2 and 3 are available.
- Weighs ingredients according to recipe;
- Mixes ingredients using hand or machine to obtain the required consistency;
- Rolls and cuts pastry, stretches, kneads and moulds dough to form bread, rolls and buns;
- Fills and glazes pastry, mixes ingredients for cakes;
- Bakes bread, pastry and cakes;
- Makes cake decorations, spreads icing, fillings and toppings on products.
for this job
|Food & beverage services||2454|
|Services to buildings||230|
|Legal & accounting||197|
- Job features
- I like
- My job involves being
- Working lifestyle
- Interaction with others
- Job type(s)
- Influences & Choices
- Education/work pattern(s)
- First job influence
- Personal influences
- Job location
- North West England
- East of England
- Enterprise types