Robert G is a British and European Patent Attorney - "A Patent Attorney protects people's inventions, and their industrial designs". After graduating from university with a degree in mechanical engineering, Robert spent 2 years renovating houses before coming across an advert for a Patent Examiner. He did an apprenticeship and now runs a Patent Office in Cheltenham.
More information about legal associate professionals
Check out 2 videos about this career
Legal associate professionals provide administrative support for legal professionals, and investigate and make recommendations on legal matters that do not fall within the province of a normal court of law.
Entrants usually possess GCSEs/S grades and A levels/H grades in appropriate subject areas. Off- and on-the-job training is available. Membership of professional institutions will be required for some posts. Candidates must pass professional examinations and complete up to five years of practical experience.
- Runs chambers on behalf of principals, develops the practice, manages the flow of work, decides which cases to accept, arranges appropriate fees and prepares financial records
- Collates information, drafts briefs and other documents
- Interviews and advises clients, undertakes preparatory work for court cases
- Attends court to assist barristers and solicitors in the presentation of a case
- Assists in all aspects of property conveyancing and probate and common law practice.
for this job
|Public admin. & defence||4,459|
|Head offices, etc||3,344|
|Services to buildings||2,080|
Where to go nextInformation and statistics relating to the justice sectorFarrer & CoSkills Council for the Justice Sector
- Curriculum Subject
- Job features
- I like
- My job involves being
- Working lifestyle
- Interaction with others
- Job type(s)
- Influences & Choices
- Education/work pattern(s)
- First job influence
- Job location
- East of England
- Focus On
- Enterprise types