Sarah S works as Marketing Manager for Sheffield United's products which ranges from season tickets to team strips to wedding venues. She values doing her degree as a sandwich course which gave her a taste for working in marketing - especially as it was in a sandwich making company! Little did she think that when she was in Blades strip at the age of 9 she would end up at the club.
More information about advertising accounts managers and creative directors
Check out 6 videos about this career
Advertising accounts managers and creative directors plan, design, organise and direct the advertising activities of an organisation.
Entry is generally via career progression from related occupations. There are no pre-set entry standards, but in practice most directors hold a degree. Off- and on-the-job training is provided.
- Liaises with client to discuss product/service to be marketed, defines target group and assesses the suitability of various media
- Conceives advertising campaign to impart the desired product image in an effective and economical way
- Reviews and revises campaign in light of sales figures, surveys, etc.
- Stays abreast of changes in media, readership or viewing figures and advertising rates
- Arranges conferences, exhibitions, seminars, etc. to promote the image of a product, service or organisation.
for this job
|Head offices, etc||3,508|
|Architectural & related||2,286|
|Public admin. & defence||1,921|
|Legal & accounting||1,856|
Where to go nextFancy winning a day behind the scenes at a football club? Check out our new Dream Jobs competition.Sheffield United Football ClubSector Skills Council for the Creative and Cultural IndustriesAn overview of information on careers in the active leisure industrySport IQ is a web site that aims to help anyone who has an interest in developing both their own and others\' sporting intelligence.
- Curriculum Subject
- Job features
- I like
- My job involves being
- Interaction with others
- Job type(s)
- Influences & Choices
- Education/work pattern(s)
- First job influence
- Personal influences
- Job location
- Yorkshire and the Humber
- Enterprise types