By pursuing a career in the Royal Air force, Senior Air Craftsman Simon M is fulfilling a childhood ambition and folllowing in his father's footsteps. In acknowledging his skills, Simon realised a role in ground crew played to his strengths and he is now striving to build his level of responsibility and authority, with hopes of achieving promotion to Corporal.
More information about human resources administrative occupations
Check out 3 videos about this career
Job holders in this unit group provide administrative support for the human resources (HR) operations within organisations.
No formal educational qualifications are required for entry, although most entrants will possess GCSE/S grades. Certification from the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development is available, along with relevant NVQs/SVQs at various levels.
- Supports senior HR staff in the development and implementation of HR and industrial relations policies
- Arranges advertisements for jobs in the relevant media
- Provides practical support for recruitment and selection procedures such as checking application forms, arranging interviews of candidates and ensuring the interview panel receive all relevant documentation
- Provides administrative support for training courses, work placements etc.
- Implements and maintains HR records systems.
for this job
|Public admin. & defence||4,189|
|Head offices, etc||1,387|
Where to go nextInformation and statistics relating to the defence sectorRoyal Air Force CareersSector Skills Council for the Armed Forces
- Job features
- I like
- My job involves being
- Working lifestyle
- Interaction with others
- Job type(s)
- Influences & Choices
- Education/work pattern(s)
- Turning point(s)
- First job influence
- Personal influences
- Job location
- East Midlands
- Enterprise types