- Career Videos
- Focus On
Stephen H - Creative Design Lead
Loading the player ...
Age at filming: 36-45,
Employer's name: Realtime Worlds
Stephen H is Lead Game Designer at Realtime Worlds. He says "it's really important to, follow what you have a passion for, because these days you can really make a job out of just about anything." He also thinks that for his job "having a breadth of experience rather than necessarily a depth in a particular area is actually an advantage."
More information about programmers and software development professionals
Check out 15 videos about this career
Average Weekly Hours
Top 10 Industries
For This Job
For This Job
|Computer programming, etc||38,546|
|Head offices, etc||18,752|
|Architectural & related||15,471|
|Public admin. & defence||10,081|
|Legal & accounting||8,166|
Programmers and software development professionals design, develop, test, implement and maintain software systems in order to meet the specifications and business objectives of the information system; they also design and develop specialist software e.g. for computer games.
Entrants usually possess a degree or equivalent qualification, although entry with other academic qualifications and/or significant relevant experience is possible. There is a variety of vocational, professional and postgraduate qualifications available.
- Examines existing software and determines requirements for new/modified systems in the light of business needs
- Undertakes feasibility study to design software solutions
- Writes and codes individual programs according to specifications
- Develops user interfaces
- Tests and corrects software programs
- Writes code for specialist programming for computer games, (for example, artificial intelligence, 3D engine development)
- Implements and evaluates the software
- Plans and maintains database structures
- Writes operational documentation and provides subsequent support and training for users.
Employment by Region
M 76% 24% F
M 76% 24% F
Where to go nextRealtime WorldsSector Skills Council for IT ProfessionalsInformation and Statistics relating to the IT Industry
The tag map below allows you to explore some of the many stories here on icould.
View HTML tag cloud View Flash tag cloud
Stephen H's tag map
- Curriculum Subject
- Job features
- Influences & Choices
- Life decisions
- Job location
- Age at filming
- Sector skills council
- Enterprise types