Van Phillips is a Professional Golfer. "The first time I discovered golf I actually was at work with my father on a Saturday morning and on the way home we drove past a nine hole pitch and putt and we both just thought we'd have a go."
More information about sports players
Check out 7 videos about this career
Professional sportsmen and women train and compete, either individually or as part of a team, in their chosen sport for financial gain.
No academic qualifications are required. Entry is based upon talent that can be further developed through coaching and training.
- Participates in exhibitions, pre-qualifying events, tournaments and competitions
- Attends training sessions to develop skills and practice individual or team moves and tactics
- Builds stamina, physical strength and agility through running, fitness exercises and weight training
- Maintains clothing and other specialised sporting equipment
- Discusses performance problems with coaches, physiotherapists, dieticians and doctors.
for this job
|Sport & recreation||1,945|
|Arts & entertainment||1,752|
|Services to buildings||943|
|Film & music||894|
|Other personal service||771|
|Head offices, etc||535|