Wendy H has worked for Ulster Carpet Mills for nearly thirty years - "I had eighteen years on the shop floor in production before moving into customer service". She didn't really enjoy school and felt she could have done alot better if she had changed schools. Wendy has had the opportunity to work in South Africa, and met her husband through her job as a NVQ assessor there.
More information about customer service managers and supervisors
Check out 12 videos about this career
Job holders in this unit group plan, organise and co-ordinate resources necessary for receiving and dealing with the responses, complaints or further requirements of purchasers and users of a product or service, and supervise customer service occupations.
There are no pre-set entry requirements. Candidates are recruited with a variety of academic qualifications and/or relevant experience. Specialist qualifications may be required for work within certain sectors.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures to deal effectively with customer requirements and complaints
- Co-ordinates and controls the work of those within customer services departments
- Discusses customer responses with other managers with a view to improving the product or service provided
- Plans and co-ordinates the operations of help and advisory services to provide support for customers and users.
for this job
|Services to buildings||8,780|
|Public admin. & defence||7,320|
|Food & beverage services||5,955|
Where to go nextUlster CarpetsInstitute of Customer ServiceInformation and Statistics relating to the Textile Industry
- Job features
- I like
- My job involves being
- Working lifestyle
- Interaction with others
- Job type(s)
- Influences & Choices
- Education/work pattern(s)
- First job influence
- Job location
- Northern Ireland
- Enterprise types