Will B is a Marketing Officer at Lewisham Council. His job is to inform people about the events and other activities that the Council put on. He works with all departments and the community. After University he worked in a bank, attracted by the money. He didn't like the job and after taking some time off he answered an advert in the paper for a Assistant in the Council's Press Office. He now says "I could see my work making a difference, and I was enjoying my work... and the Council offers a very good work/life balance."
More information about marketing and sales directors
Check out 15 videos about this career
Marketing and sales directors plan, organise and direct market research and formulate and implement an organisation’s marketing and sales policies.
Entry is generally via career progression from related occupations (e.g. Marketing Manager, Sales Manager). Entrants to the professional qualifications of the Chartered Institute of Marketing require GCSEs/S grades, A levels/H grades, a BTEC/SQA award, a degree or equivalent qualification and/or relevant experience.
- Liaises with other senior staff to determine the range of goods or services to be sold
- Discusses employer’s or clients’ requirements, plans and monitors surveys and analyses of customers’ reactions to products
- Examines and analyses sales figures, advises on and monitors marketing campaigns and promotional activities
- Controls the recruitment and training of staff
- Produces and/or assesses reports and recommendations concerning marketing and sales strategies.
for this job
|Head offices, etc||9,067|
|Public admin. & defence||8,631|
|Computer programming, etc||7,466|
|Architectural & related||5,930|