William M is an IT Consultant for NVT Group. He has a degree in physics, but IT was always his hobby through high school and university. He's very pleased that in the end he's been able to make a good living out of his hobby.
More information about information technology and telecommunications directors
Check out 5 videos about this career
Job holders in this unit group plan, organise, direct and co-ordinate the work and resources necessary to provide and operate information technology and telecommunications services within an organisation.
There are no pre-set entry requirements although candidates usually possess a degree or equivalent qualification together with substantial, relevant work experience. A variety of professional and postgraduate qualifications is available.
- Develops in consultation with other senior management the IT/telecommunications strategy of the organisation
- Directs the implementation within the organisation of IT/telecommunications strategy, infrastructure, procurement, procedures and standards
- Develops the periodic business plan and operational budget for IT/telecommunications to deliver agreed service levels
- Considers the required IT/telecommunications staffing levels, oversees recruitment and appointment of staff and directs training policy
- Prioritises and schedules major IT/telecommunications projects
- Ensures that new technologies are researched and evaluated in the light of the organisation’s broad requirements.
for this job
|Head offices, etc||2,811|
|Public admin. & defence||2,676|
|Computer programming, etc||2,315|
|Architectural & related||1,839|