Yaver A is the Group Business Development Director for Halcrow. "I've had a chance to contribute to improving the lives of very poor people, in very difficult places." He chose to be an engineer because of "having the pleasure of combining a kind of scientific approach with being outside". Today his job is convincing politicians about the need to do big engineering projects.
More information about sales accounts and business development managers
Check out 14 videos about this career
Sales accounts and business development managers plan, organise and undertake market research to meet the requirements of an organisation’s marketing and sales policies.
Entrants to the professional qualifications of the Chartered Institute of Marketing require GCSEs/S grades, A levels/H grades, a BTEC/SQA award, an Advanced GNVQ/GSVQ Level III, a degree or equivalent qualification and/or relevant experience. NVQs/SVQs in sales and qualifications from other relevant professional bodies are available.
- Liaises with other senior staff to determine the range of goods or services to be sold, contributes to the development of sales strategies and setting of sales targets
- Discusses employer’s or client’s requirements, carries out surveys and analyses customers’ reactions to product, packaging, price, etc.
- Compiles and analyses sales figures, prepares proposals for marketing campaigns and promotional activities and undertakes market research
- Handles customer accounts
- Recruits and trains junior sales staff
- Produces reports and recommendations concerning marketing and sales strategies for senior management
- Keeps up to date with products and competitors.
for this job
|Public admin. & defence||33,072|
|Head offices, etc||24,807|
|Services to buildings||15,425|
Where to go nextEngineeringUKHalcrowSector Skills Council for Building Services Engineering
- Job features
- I like
- My job involves being
- Working lifestyle
- Interaction with others
- Job type(s)
- Influences & Choices
- Education/work pattern(s)
- First job influence
- Job location
- Enterprise types