We usually present this type of article in a question and answer format, but may use some of your answers to create an introduction.
Please use short, easy-to-understand sentences. Try and keep your answers clear and explain any technical terms.
- What do you do? Current job title and name of company/organisation
- What does a typical day (or week) involve?
- What do you enjoy most and least about your work?
- What makes you suited to your job? Skills, character traits etc.
- How did you get into your current line of work? Career path in brief, including education/training
- How did you get your first experience of working in this field?
- What advice would you give someone starting out (who wanted to end up doing a similar job)?
- What do you like doing outside of work?
- Where did you grow up?
- Any future career plans?
Please also provide an accompanying image of yourself or your workplace. This should be 770px by 280px and not subject to third party copyright.
We don’t promote paid-for services or products in the main body of an article, but usually can include links and mentions in a line at the end of the piece.
See our guest post guidelines for more details on writing for icould.