If you’ve not got grades you wanted or are applying late, then Clearing offers you the chance to secure a university place this autumn.
Thousands of students go through Clearing every year. Whilst disappointing A-level results may seem like the end of the world now, the opportunity to re-evaluate your priorities can help set you on a more considered long-term path.
If you decide to go through Clearing, remember these top five tips:
- Don’t panic – research your options on the UCAS website.
- Be prepared – it might help to jot down a few notes and have any key information to hand before you start calling universities.
- Remember there are lots of options open to you, alternative routes and career paths.
- Check out the Guardian’s pages on Clearing, for information on finding something that suits you better to university league tables.
- You can also get help from the Exams Results Helpline on 0808 100 8000. Calls are free from a landline.
This guide from UCAS explains how to use Clearing:
See more on surviving A-level results day