Anna W is Localisation Manager at Jagex, "I help make games in foreign languages". Her hard work and passion for computers led to an opportunity she'll never forget, "I worked as a game reviewer and my manager recommended me to the localisation manager at Electronic Arts. She decided to send me to the US and make me test the Sims 2. It was the beginning and it was absolutely brilliant, I loved it".
More information about IT project and programme managers
Check out 4 videos about this career
The UK average salary is £28,758
There are 37.5 hours in the average working week
The UK workforce is 47% female and 53% male
DescriptionJobholders in this unit group manage, coordinate and technically supervise specific IT projects and programmes of a discrete duration and/or budget.
QualificationsEntrants usually possess a degree or equivalent qualification, although entry with other academic qualifications and/or significant relevant experience is possible. There is a variety of relevant vocational, professional and postgraduate qualifications available.
- Works with client or senior management to establish and clarify the aims, objectives and requirements of the IT project or programme;
- Plans the stages of the project or programme, reviews actions and amends plans as necessary;
- Coordinates and supervises the activities of the project/programme team;
- Manages third party contributions to the programme or project;
- Monitors progress including project/programme budget, timescale and quality;
- Coordinates and oversees implementation of the project or programme;
- Reports on project or programme to senior management and/or client.