Bovis Lend Lease
Anne F is a PA at Bovis. She left school after A levels and continued her education at night classes to get her Private and Executive Secretary's diploma. She has been a PA in charities, the food industry and now in construction.
More information about Personal assistants and other secretaries
Check out 7 videos about this career
The UK average salary is £28,758
There are 37.5 hours in the average working week
The UK workforce is 47% female and 53% male
DescriptionPersonal assistants and other secretaries provide administrative and secretarial support to individuals, departmental or management teams within organisations.
QualificationsThere are no minimum academic requirements, although entry to professional secretarial courses typically requires GCSEs/S grades. NVQs/SVQs are available in Administration at Levels 2, 3 and 4.
- Acts as a first point of contact for a manager or team with colleagues and people from outside organisations, fields telephone enquiries, takes and passes on messages;
- Arranges appointments, keeps business diary, organises travel arrangements, makes reservations and organises a variety of functions;
- Opens, sorts, distributes and files correspondence (in hard copy and electronic) and deals directly with routine correspondence;
- Uses appropriate software to produce correspondence, memoranda, reports, presentations and other documents from drafts, handwritten copy or by transcribing dictation;
- Arranges and attends meetings, takes minutes and prepares records of proceedings;
- Translates documents and liaises with overseas clients and suppliers.