Colin F is a Meter Inspector and reader for E.ON. He originally wanted to be an actor but his school discouraged him. His family is very important to him and he's pleased that he ended up staying in his home town.
More information about Customer service occupations n.e.c.
Check out 8 videos about this career
The UK average salary is £28,758
There are 37.5 hours in the average working week
The UK workforce is 47% female and 53% male
DescriptionJob holders in this unit group perform a variety of customer service occupations not elsewhere classified in MINOR GROUP 721: Customer Service Occupations.
QualificationsThere are no formal academic entry requirements, although many employers expect candidates to possess GCSEs/S grades. Training is typically provided on-the-job, supplemented by specialist short courses.
- Receives enquiries from potential and existing clients, discusses requirements, and recommends products or services;
- Discusses pricing processes with clients, agrees payment arrangements and handles customer accounts;
- Makes reservations, books tickets, organises insurance policies on behalf of customers;
- Follows up clients to ensure their satisfaction with a product or service and to gain renewal of customer service agreements;
- Addresses customer complaints and problems;
- Informs customers of special promotions and new product launches.