Student Homeopathy Practitioner
Karen J is a Student Homeopathist, "We learn all about pathology and disease, we learn symptom pictures of diseases, and we also learn the different remedies." She has returned to study and work after bringing up her daughter. She had few school qualifications.
More information about Health associate professionals n.e.c.
Check out 4 videos about this career
The UK average salary is £28,758
There are 37.5 hours in the average working week
The UK workforce is 47% female and 53% male
DescriptionJob holders in this unit group carry out a variety of technical and complementary support functions not elsewhere classified in MINOR GROUP 321: Health Associate Professionals.
QualificationsEntrants usually possess an accredited degree or postgraduate qualification. Training can take between two to five years depending upon the chosen method of study. Courses provide a mixture of theoretical study and practical experience. Membership of professional bodies may be mandatory in some areas.
- Prescribes diet therapy and gives advice to patients, health care professionals and the public on dietetic and nutritional matters for those with special dietary requirements or to prevent illness;
- Diagnoses and treats disorders of vision and eye movements, monitors subsequent progress and recommends further optical, pharmacological or surgical treatment as required;
- Manipulates and massages patient to discover the cause of pain, relieve discomfort, restore function and mobility and to correct irregularities in body structure;
- Inserts needles under the skin, administers aromatic herbs and oils and massages body to relieve pain and restore health;
- Advises and prescribes in areas of complementary and alternative medicine.