Fundraising & Volunteer Manager
East Belfast Mission
Louise M is fundraising and volunteer manager at East Belfast Mission. When her parents divorced her life was split between England and Northern Ireland, but the help she received during this time led her to want to help others in her own career. She says, "lots of us take wrong turnings in life... we find ourselves in a job or a situation where we feel uncomfortable or feel things are not quite right and I think it's important to know that in the future we can look at alternatives and find something that is more suited to us".
More information about Welfare professionals n.e.c.
Check out 3 videos about this career
The UK average salary is £28,758
There are 37.5 hours in the average working week
The UK workforce is 47% female and 53% male
DescriptionWorkers in this unit group perform a variety of welfare-related professional occupations not elsewhere classified in MINOR GROUP 244: Welfare Professionals.
QualificationsEntry is via a variety of relevant academic and/or professional qualifications. Background checks including a CRB check are likely to be required.
- Provides activities to assist young people develop and fulfil their potential as individuals and within the community;
- Advises and supports families experiencing stress or crisis;
- Acts as an advocate for and represents individuals and families at tribunals and similar hearings;
- Oversees, supervises and provides counselling for the process of adoption;
- Mentors and counsels those with mental health problems;
- Provides rehabilitation services to individuals;
- Manages volunteers and part-time workers, and liaises with other relevant professionals;
- Keeps records and controls budgets.