Vittoria R is a Senior Manager at icould and a single mum. She manages to balance her time between her job and her son - "every minute that I have spare, I spend time with him". Vittoria came here from Italy with no plan, and after several unsatisfying jobs she taught herself about computers and eventually found her place at icould - "...the project itself was so inspiring and it gave me a chance to give back lots, especially to young people who, like me, had no idea who they wanted to be".
More information about IT project and programme managers
Check out 4 videos about this career
The UK average salary is £28,758
There are 37.5 hours in the average working week
The UK workforce is 47% female and 53% male
DescriptionJobholders in this unit group manage, coordinate and technically supervise specific IT projects and programmes of a discrete duration and/or budget.
QualificationsEntrants usually possess a degree or equivalent qualification, although entry with other academic qualifications and/or significant relevant experience is possible. There is a variety of relevant vocational, professional and postgraduate qualifications available.
- Works with client or senior management to establish and clarify the aims, objectives and requirements of the IT project or programme;
- Plans the stages of the project or programme, reviews actions and amends plans as necessary;
- Coordinates and supervises the activities of the project/programme team;
- Manages third party contributions to the programme or project;
- Monitors progress including project/programme budget, timescale and quality;
- Coordinates and oversees implementation of the project or programme;
- Reports on project or programme to senior management and/or client.