Abby M works at Jagex in Work Systems QA, "I test all the modules and updates that go out into the website and internally as well to make sure that they are bug free before they go live". When she was at university she took a year out to work in the player support department at Jagex, and after finishing her degree she was invited to come back. Abby says "I love the feeling of knowing that I have somewhere to go with my job... so long as you've got the passion behind what you wanna do and to be able to push yourself that much further then you can really achieve anything, which is awesome."
More information about Web design and development professionals
Check out 10 videos about this career
DescriptionJobholders in this unit group design, develop and maintain websites to meet a client’s specified requirements.
QualificationsEntrants usually possess a degree or equivalent qualification, although entry with other academic qualifications and/or significant relevant experience is possible. There is a variety of relevant vocational, professional and postgraduate qualifications available.
- Liaises with internal/external client in order to define the requirements for the website;
- Presents design options to the client;
- Designs web pages including graphics, animation and functionality to maximise visual effectiveness and facilitate appropriate access;
- Develops the website and applications;
- Designs and develops web interfaces for relational database systems;
- Establishes methods to ensure appropriate website security and recovery;
- Writes and publishes content for the website;
- Tests website interaction and performance prior to going ‘live’, and monitors and maintains functionality of the website;
- Activates the ‘live’ website.
for this job
|Computer programming, etc||17050|
|Head offices, etc||7889|
|Public admin. & defence||1856|