Amanda Hayes works at George Salter Collegiate School as a Pastoral Manager. She looks after the welfare of sudents, "to ensure the students can come to school and that they have somebody to talk to if they need to". She worked in a bank for 17 years before she changed her lifestyle to have a family.
More information about Welfare professionals n.e.c.
Check out 3 videos about this career
DescriptionWorkers in this unit group perform a variety of welfare-related professional occupations not elsewhere classified in MINOR GROUP 244: Welfare Professionals.
QualificationsEntry is via a variety of relevant academic and/or professional qualifications. Background checks including a CRB check are likely to be required.
- Provides activities to assist young people develop and fulfil their potential as individuals and within the community;
- Advises and supports families experiencing stress or crisis;
- Acts as an advocate for and represents individuals and families at tribunals and similar hearings;
- Oversees, supervises and provides counselling for the process of adoption;
- Mentors and counsels those with mental health problems;
- Provides rehabilitation services to individuals;
- Manages volunteers and part-time workers, and liaises with other relevant professionals;
- Keeps records and controls budgets.
for this job
|Sport & recreation||2122|
|Public admin. & defence||1973|
- Job features
- I like
- My job involves being
- Interaction with others
- Job type(s)
- Influences & Choices
- Education/work pattern(s)
- First job influence
- Personal influences
- Job location
- West Midlands
- Enterprise types