Amanda Hayes, Vice Principal at Kensington and Chelsea College, studied Textiles and Photography at Art College but became frustrated. Effective support from a lecturer inspired Amanda to go into teaching. She saw that a good teacher can make a huge difference.
More information about
Check out 13 videos about this career
DescriptionFurther education teaching professionals supervise and teach trade, technical, commercial, adult education, secondary and post-secondary courses to students beyond minimum school leaving age.
QualificationsFurther education lecturers normally require a professional or academic qualification in the subject area they intend to teach, relevant professional, industrial or business experience and an appropriate teaching qualification.
- Prepares, delivers and directs lectures, seminars and tutorials;
- Prepares, administers and marks examinations, essays and other assignments;
- Arranges instructional visits and periods of employment experience for students;
- Assists with the administration of teaching and the arranging of timetables;
- Liaises with other professional and commercial organisations to review course content.
for this job
|Public admin. & defence||2969|
|Sport & recreation||2107|
|Services to buildings||1878|
|Arts & entertainment||968|
- Job features
- I like
- My job involves being
- Working lifestyle
- Interaction with others
- Job type(s)
- Influences & Choices
- Education/work pattern(s)
- First job influence
- Personal influences
- Job location
- Enterprise types