Andre C is a Music Licensing Assistant at EMI. After studying at the Brit School Andre won a a music contract in a boy band. The band didn't achieve the success they'd hoped for but Andre continued to follow his passion for music and began a music apprenticeship at EMI through the Music4Good scheme. He has recently been offered permanent job at EMI.
Check out 4 videos about this career
DescriptionBusiness and related research professionals carry out a variety of research activities for the broadcast and print media, for the police and armed forces intelligence services, for national security agencies and in other non-scientific areas.
QualificationsEntrants usually possess a degree or equivalent qualification. Training is usually provided on-the-job, or support may be given for postgraduate study. Professional qualifications are available in some areas.
- Liaises with production team to generate and develop ideas for film, television and radio programmes;
- Research sources for accurate factual material, finds suitable contributors to programmes or print features and deals with any copyright issues;
- Briefs presenters, scriptwriters or journalists as required via verbal or written reports;
- Provides administrative support for programme development such as booking facilities;
- Provides support to criminal intelligence or to military or other security operations by gathering and verifying intelligence data and sources;
- Presents findings in the required format, via written reports or presentations;
- Researches images for clients in a wide range of media using specialist picture libraries and archives, museums, galleries etc., or commissions new images;
- Liaises with client on the appropriate image/s to be used;
- Deals with copyright issues and negotiates fees.
for this job
|Public admin. & defence||3227|
|Film & music||3146|
|Head offices, etc||1857|
|Computer programming, etc||1835|
|Other personal service||1764|
|Services to buildings||1324|