Andrew left Jamaica after school and moved to England where is began a college course in Engineering. Although he dropped out of the course it sparked in an interest in technology and he started to teach himself about building website. This led him to a number of short courses in web development and a future career as a freelance developer.
Check out 10 videos about this career
DescriptionJobholders in this unit group design, develop and maintain websites to meet a client’s specified requirements.
QualificationsEntrants usually possess a degree or equivalent qualification, although entry with other academic qualifications and/or significant relevant experience is possible. There is a variety of relevant vocational, professional and postgraduate qualifications available.
- Liaises with internal/external client in order to define the requirements for the website;
- Presents design options to the client;
- Designs web pages including graphics, animation and functionality to maximise visual effectiveness and facilitate appropriate access;
- Develops the website and applications;
- Designs and develops web interfaces for relational database systems;
- Establishes methods to ensure appropriate website security and recovery;
- Writes and publishes content for the website;
- Tests website interaction and performance prior to going ‘live’, and monitors and maintains functionality of the website;
- Activates the ‘live’ website.
for this job
|Computer programming, etc||17050|
|Head offices, etc||7889|
|Public admin. & defence||1856|
Where to go next
- Job features
- I like
- My job involves being
- Working lifestyle
- Interaction with others
- Job type(s)
- Influences & Choices
- Education/work pattern(s)
- First job influence
- Personal influences
- Job location
- Enterprise types