"I always wanted to work in a global company, always wanted to travel." Ashley has a long-standing interest in fashion and built up her work experience while studying for a degree in international business management with French. She found out about Pentland at a graduate fair and is now on its graduate scheme.
More information about Marketing associate professionals
Check out 13 videos about this career
DescriptionMarketing associate professionals assist in the development and implementation of projects which aim to elicit the preferences and requirements of consumers, businesses and other specified target groups so that suppliers may meet these needs.
QualificationsThere are no formal academic requirements, although many entrants possess a BTEC/SQA award, A levels/H grades, a degree or equivalent qualification. Training is typically in-house, supplemented by short courses or professional qualifications provided by the Market Research Society. NVQs/SVQs in Marketing Research are available at Levels 3 and 4.
- Discusses business methods, products or services and targets customer group with employer or client in order to identify marketing requirements;
- Establishes an appropriate quantitative and qualitative market research methodology and prepares proposals outlining programmes of work and details of costs;
- Collates and interprets findings of market research and presents results to clients;
- Discusses possible changes that need to be made in terms of design, price, packaging, promotion etc. in light of market research with appropriate departments;
- Briefs advertising team on client requirements, monitors the progress of advertising campaigns and liaises with client on potential modifications.
for this job
|Head offices, etc||15982|
|Computer programming, etc||8454|
|Architectural & related||5203|
Where to go next
- Job features
- I like
- Job type(s)
- Influences & Choices
- First job influence
- Personal influences
- Job location
- Enterprise types